[asterisk-biz] What is a going rate for +44 870 and +44 870 dialing?

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 10:29:36 MST 2006

Actually answering 'on-list' as this is useful for other readers.

+44 800 & +44 808 & +44 500 are all toll-free numbers and you should be able
to find a carrier that allows you to place these free of charge (you can do
so via us if you wish)

+44 87 is actually divided into multiple retail tariff bands, most +44 870
are retailed at 0.08/0.04/0.015 GBP (daytime/evening/weekend) inc tax, and
most of the rest at various fixed price bands between 0.05ppm and 0.10ppm.
These calls have a high settlement cost onto the SS#7 operator concerned,
and therefore 'genuine' routes will always have a wholesale price not too
much lower (a few percent) than the retail price (although it will be less
17.5% sales tax).

Any route that offers prices below this will be operating at loss at some
point in the delivery chain, and therefore should not be regarded as stable.

Linus