[asterisk-biz] vonage offering some cheaper plans

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 25 08:58:24 MST 2006

I called vonage for the 4th time since Jan 6th about my cancellation
request. They told me about a new plan(not yet offered on the website).
It is $4.99/month plus 3.9c a minute. It allows the usual unlimited
incoming and in-network calling. They tell me all the other features are
also included. I guess they also have a new $9.99/month plan which
includes some outbound minutes.

So what happens as low-volume consumers shift to such plans? It means
the percentage of high-volume users in the "unlimited" plans increases.
Eventually that will result in definite limits on all plans. Providers
might try averaging methods much like the national coverage wireless
plans do. I think that the trend will be more in the direction of lower
monthly minimums and usage based billing. Next thing I expect to see
from major providers is reduced termination rates based on volume.