[asterisk-biz] I need your skiils, but I can't hire you

Reid Forrest rforrest at maxisnetworks.com
Mon Jan 23 19:59:44 MST 2006

> I think you miss the point.  They are trying to establish a "one stop
> shop"
> for the client to call.  If the client had to call Digium, Sangoma,
> Polycom,
> and their channel bank manufacturer for support, why would they need
> support
> from a service provider?  If they had the skill level, they probably would
> not NEED a separate service provider.

Not to mention that Polycom, and possibly Sangoma do not support Asterisk
directly. Last time I checked (about 6 months ago) Polycom would not support
Asterisk at all, and would not certify resellers on Asterisk. It takes a
reseller committed to Asterisk and who has done the integration legwork to
support these configurations. Sangoma support is very good, but I wouldn't
expect them to help you troubleshoot your zaptel/asterisk configs.