[asterisk-biz] VS-1T Claiming "Trademark" on Hardware

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sun Jan 22 23:15:55 MST 2006

Manny A. Wise a écrit :

> I am going to give this a rest….

You should, because you will loose an argument that you will never win.

> I guess you now are saying that you don’t have a problem with someone
> copying your box…

Well the software being open source, and the hardware is mostly
available (standard PC parts), it is not much effort "copying the box".
It basically amounts to installing Xorcom on a PC...

> I guess you first message was FULL of it….

FULL meaning "good common sense". Xorcom is great and I think the VS-1T
is a great idea, too. The company behind it has a sane and sound,
community oriented business strategy. What have /you/ done for Asterisk
- or open source in general - today?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

NB: Unlike Patents or even copyrights, Trademarks actually make sense.
It just means that you cannot pretend to be somebody else and has
nothing to do with "copy".