[asterisk-biz] VS-1T Claiming "Trademark" on Hardware

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Sun Jan 22 18:39:22 MST 2006

Although I am not an attorney, I think I can safely and accurately say
that a Trade Mark does not stop one from manufacturing a "like" or
identical product. That is the role of a Patent.

A trade Mark is protection of a Name Such as Mc Donalds, or Coca Cola.
Pepsi can Make a Cola exactly like Coca Cola, unless there is a patent
on the Recipie. The trademark means that Pepsi Can not call that product
Coca Cola.

Mark