[asterisk-biz] Fundamental problem with DIDx is

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sun Jan 22 15:07:44 MST 2006

> The contracts themselves pose problems however, if DIDx doesnt have
> enough resources to go after someone, or if some jurisdictions dont
> allow this clause then its a problem.  DIDx isnt global but their DIDs
> are, as such the law gets really hairy becuase what works in one country
> may be totally invalid in others.

In a lot of other industries, reputation is the key. Although there is
no legal resource, no-one will do business with a company known to have
a bad reputation. If there was a rating system in DIDX similar to Ebay
seller ratings and a mechanism to leave ratings, they could have some
leverage as we would only want to pay premium rates for DIDs from well
respected companies.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts