[asterisk-biz] I need your skiils, but I can't hire you

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Sat Jan 21 18:04:57 MST 2006

asterisk-biz at sasami.anime.net <> wrote on Saturday, 21 January 2006 3:24 PM:

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Steve Totaro wrote:
>> What happens when they need to add some addition phones to the
>> system? Will Digium help?  Possibly with the configs in Asterisk but
>> I doubt they will tell you how to provision the phones (Polycom or
>> Cisco for instance).
>
> Why? That's polycom and cisco's responsibility. Seriously.
>
>> What about if you have some Sangoma boards?  Doubt you will get much
>> support there even if you are using ABE.
>
> That's sangoma's responsibility. And from what I hear sangoma support
> for asterisk is excellent.
>
>> Channel banks, phones, Sangoma, GUIs, the list goes on.  Digium
>> support is great but limited.
>
> And largely irrelevant in those cases?
>
> -Dan

I think you miss the point.  They are trying to establish a "one stop shop"
for the client to call.  If the client had to call Digium, Sangoma, Polycom,
and their channel bank manufacturer for support, why would they need support
from a service provider?  If they had the skill level, they probably would
not NEED a separate service provider.

		-- Trevor Hammonds