[asterisk-biz] I need your skiils, but I can't hire you

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Fri Jan 20 18:57:05 MST 2006

We've been Introspect Consulting since 1983.  Mainly software
development in the brokerage industry (Tal/Cobol,C/C++,Perl,PHP,Java).
In 2001/2002, when the bottom fell out, we got into VoIP and Asterisk.

We're presently going through a name change to Telecom Matters Corp, a
dba of Introspect.  This is not a trivial matter when long time
customers and suppliers know us as Introspect.

We've never had anything to do with sporting equipment or retail, and I
have no idea where this web page came from--it's obviously incorrect.
Also, I have never heard of Goliath.

We're selling Asterisk PBX systems into SME (in Denver) with great
success.  But my customers don't want just telephones.  They want LAN
cabling/installation, network infrastructure, firewall, virus/spyware
removal, web sites, mail servers, file servers, Windows upgrades,
JetDirect printer installation, etc.  "I can't print".  "I can't fax".
"My computer won't boot".  As soon as one shows competency with
computers then the calls start.

I'm happy to service my customers, and the money is good, but it's
gotten to be a 24x7 job.  So I'm asking the list:  how can I take a few
days off knowing that my customers are in good hands?

There are companies like Geeks on Call and Geek Squad that could do
this, but these are franchise operations.  I don't want to give-away my
customers, I just want coverage for a week or so.

So, back to my original point.  How can we collaborate with the goal of
providing good customer service?

Mike