[asterisk-biz] I am a prisoner of vonage

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 18 08:11:53 MST 2006

12 days now. 3 times they have promised to escalate my cancellation
request. They say that it can only be done by having someone from that
department call me to confirm that I really wish to cancel. 3 messages
entered via web portal produce a web page that says the message is
accepted but not even one automated acknowledgement email(and yes - the
address I use with them bypasses virus/spam filtering).

But in spite of all this their billing system is functioning well and
attempting to charge me for another month of service.

The account was active about 18 months so there are no 1-year commitment
issues involved here.

I would strongly advise people to steer clear of vonage or any company
that operates in such a fashion. You do not want to furnish credit card
numbers to companies of this type.