[asterisk-biz] European VoIP providers

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sat Jan 14 08:42:46 MST 2006

Christopher Bergström wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
>> trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

>>> I forgot my book of snappy insults :)  Plus sending an email with the
>>> intent to annoy is now illegal in america (it was a rider tacked onto a
>>> bill no one could really vote against - unclear if it will be enforced,
>>> but a felony for being anoying?  That is a bit much and possibly
>>> unconstitutional if not at least vague, there is no legal definition of
>>> 'anoying').
>>>

>> If such laws were constitutional, I would be locked up for life without
>> possibility of parole.

>>> good luck with that, dunno how well forked lists work, people have
>>> tried
>>> for other reasons and those have never worked out well (specifically
>>> with the asterisk community).  And if you cause either too high of a
>>> delay or to ostrict of a moderation filter it may not be liked by
>>> enough
>>> people and that in itself causes problems.
>>>

>> I encourage him to start his list. asterisk-biz-grumpy?
>> asterisk-biz-oversensitive? asterisk-biz-need2chill?
>>
> Your parole was just revoked!
>
> How about
> asterisk-biz-minus-annoying-people
> asterisk-biz-get-some-work-done
> asterisk-biz-minus-irrelevant-commentary
> asterisk-biz-funny-as-hell-continue-it-here
>
> I could care less about the comments.. In fact I think some of it is
> downright hilarious.. (Well.. I'd say that is the minority of the
> content.)  Anyhow, the point is it's a business list and it really
> would be most productive if everyone here were big boys/girls and just
> self regulated, but apparently such is not the case. So if necessity
> and need has risen. I take it upon myself to maybe help facilitate
> such a thing.  I see strong value in the information, community and
> network here and just want to keep it in tact is all.  So to those
> with dissimilar goals.. Good for you...

If I want someone nagging me about productivity I will close my business
and get a job :)

Anyway, it's a weekend and some of us are taking a break from the rat
race. Treat it like the company break room. We don't want/need dictators
telling us what we may or may not discuss. People use the word
"community" and then get all bent out of shape when it really becomes a
community of sorts.