[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Service Provider System (with GUI)

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Jan 13 18:38:40 MST 2006

I've been developing a service provider platform using asterisk for
quite a while now, and I think I'm ready to give folks a peek at it.

We have it out at several places running beta tests in all three modes
of operation (virtual PBX, ITSP, and Wholesale) and have worked out most
of the bugs.  We are in the process of finishing the first pass at the
integrated billing system (which will also be made available as a
stand-alone billing system shortly after it's released for the system).
I'm pretty much holding out on completion of the billing system before I
make this system available to the public.

As it stands, we plan to initially plan to relese this as a non-free
product, but there may be a 'feature-limited' version available for free
down the road.

While the web page listed below contains a basic description and screen
shots of the system, I'll give a brief overview here to save some folks
the click.

Currently we call the system Paragon (which will be changing for all
sorts of reasons).  Paragon is designed as a platform of VoIP services,
currently including a virtual hosted PBX mode, an ITSP mode, and a
Wholesale minutes mode.  It's built on a cluster design with a central
database(s), a central GUI management platform, and unlimited service
nodes.  There are three management layers to the system.  System
Management, which is the owner of the software and cluster hardware.
Affiliation Management, of which there can be an infinite number.  Each
Affiliation takes on one role of the three listed above.  User
Management, which is the interface to the system for the individual
user.  This means you could have a single entity which owns the system,
and sells service to a number of affiliations, who then sell services to
thier users (in the case of the ITSP and Wholesale mode) or manage thier
companies' virtual PBX in the vPBX mode.

I'll have more on the upcoming billing system within the next week, and
should be adding screen shots from it by then as well.

The web page for the screen shots is http://www.netgeeks.net/

Firefox users, please forgive me, but I've not figured out yet why
firefox doesn't like my CSS sheet.  You can still view the page, you
just don't get the less harsh colors and design.

-Chris