[asterisk-biz] asterisk distribution

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 9 06:10:57 MST 2006

I would like to comment on something I have seen in  the code tree this
last week or so.  The licensing stuff appears to be getting to the point
that its not as hard to legally (ie in compliance with all the licenses)
distribute asterisk.  The NetBSD code no longer states its gpl (its
incompatible with the gpl cause its the 4 clause BSD license) and that
its copyright digium, the start up now complies with the gpl, all of
this makes it a lot easier to distribute it.  Also there is a show
license and show warantee command in the cli to help with this too..

Thanks for answering my previous request.  While its not finished it is
a good start.

Btw to correct what was said here earlier when I originally asked about
what had to be done to distribute asterisk legally ...

NetBSD did *not* goto a 3 clause license in 2003.  Instead according to
http://www.netbsd.org/Goals/redistribution.html they like the 4 clause
and plan on keeping it.  So the license in the code itself is infact
correct.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378