[Asterisk-biz] Do US providers surcharge 0800 calls?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 2 08:10:33 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 21:45 -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 20:19 +0000, Obelix wrote:
> >
> >> Do US cellular providers surcharge outgoing 0800 calls?
> >>
> >> I gather they also charge users to receive calls. Is that true?
> >>

> > There is a lot of competition in US mobile networks.
> >
> > MetroPCS.com provides flat rate unlimited service $40
> > Surewest.com provides flat rate unlimited service $30
> > Sprint (in some areas) offers flat rate unlimited service $55
> What is the catch?  Limited areas or what?

largely that is the case.  I am unsure if they plan to offer more.
Metropcs doesnt even have a contract its month to month prepaid flat
rate unlimited.  You cant roam between different metropcs markets
either.

It depends on how you use it.  If you are a business doing this for some
fixed station calling platform or something (generally their contract
states you cant call 24/7 but dosent seem to quantify what is too much)
then hte fact that you cant leave the local area isnt a problem.   If
you are a traveling sales person then it might be a problem quite often.

The $3/mo unlimited international SMS with metropcs has some potential
as well - just that the sender information would be that of the phone
and not an individual or whateever.
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378