[Asterisk-biz] Do US providers surcharge 0800 calls?

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Sun Jan 1 23:25:55 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 20:19 +0000, Obelix wrote:
>

>>Do US cellular providers surcharge outgoing 0800 calls?
>>
>>I gather they also charge users to receive calls. Is that true?
>>

>There is a lot of competition in US mobile networks.
>
>MetroPCS.com provides flat rate unlimited service $40
>Surewest.com provides flat rate unlimited service $30
>Sprint (in some areas) offers flat rate unlimited service $55
>
>Cingular/AT&T, Nextel, Tmobile, Verizon, and probably 100 other smaller
>regional providers do not offer flat rate unlimited.  They may I just
>havent seen any advertisements myself (I havent been looking either).
>
>Some plans charge for inbound some dont.  Some charge against your
>minutes for 1800 (US doesnt use '0800' as a naming system) some are flat
>rate.  You really have to read the details of the plan in question to
>find out.

AT&T offered flat rate unlimited for something like $90+ here in SoCal a
couple of years ago.
I have a relative who never had his service disconnected and even after
AT&T became Cingular/AT&T,  he still has the same plan even though it's
no longer offered.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.