[asterisk-biz] Anyone recommend a good VOIP provider?

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Thu Feb 23 05:35:53 MST 2006

Mark Phillips wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> A new Asterisk customer of mine showed me his phone bill yesterday.
> For 17 analogue cirsuits hes paying over $750 a month. From what I can
> see a little over $500 of that is in line charges and taxes with the
> remainder being in actual call charges.
>
> We already know that he's top heavy on phone lines (he only has 10
> employees) and so we are addressing that but I've started giving some
> thought to a VOIP provider rather than stick with his analogue.
>
> In your opinion, would the migration to a VOIP provider save him
> money? Could his 3 office phone numbers (one's an 800) be ported to
> the provider? Which provider should I look at? I'd rather one that can
> do IAX2.

My recent experience for needing a good SME VoIP provider has lead me to
teliax. (teliax.com) I really only needed a DID, but ended up testing
their network and for all purposes seems quite stable.

If you signed up for 3 corporate plans you'd have 12 channels max for I
think like 150$ a month.  (I also think they mentioned there's no Level
3 in their network, but try not hold me to that.)  I don't work for them
and have only tested their service thus far with no issues.

Good luck

C.