[asterisk-biz] Anyone recommend a good VOIP provider?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Thu Feb 23 03:35:20 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

A new Asterisk customer of mine showed me his phone bill yesterday. For
17 analogue cirsuits hes paying over $750 a month. From what I can see a
little over $500 of that is in line charges and taxes with the remainder
being in actual call charges.

We already know that he's top heavy on phone lines (he only has 10
employees) and so we are addressing that but I've started giving some
thought to a VOIP provider rather than stick with his analogue.

In your opinion, would the migration to a VOIP provider save him money?
Could his 3 office phone numbers (one's an 800) be ported to the
provider? Which provider should I look at? I'd rather one that can do IAX2.

Thanks for your help.

--

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ