[asterisk-biz] Intrado / VoIP E911

William Piper billy at kersting.com
Tue Feb 21 10:43:22 MST 2006

We use Dash911 for our services. I emailed & asked my rep. You are right...
they do not service all PSAPs.

His reply was:
No company that we know of can provide such a thing. The FCC simply has
mandated something that is impossible (VoIP E911 to every PSAP that has
E911).
	In areas not covered with Enhanced 911, we will go to the line that
the PSAP tells NENA to use for such situations. In addition, we are working
on InfoStar (Voice ALI) technology that will announce the caller information
inband if no E911 is available.
The FCC mandated to send E911 to all PSAP's... right?  Does this mean that
we are still not up to the FCC regulations?

Thanks,

Billy P.