[asterisk-biz] The Value of VoIP subscribers

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Sun Feb 19 07:34:28 MST 2006

Then if you spent that much money to generate that level of return you
have over-invested in such a fluid market.

The only caveat to that is if you are building a business for exit
(assuming the market, not voip but any example market is ripe for
consolidation).

Specifically regarding voip, nobody projects the market is ripe for
consolidation (in fact the opposite) more and more fragmentation and
'diving for hard zero' is the expected industry norm as it stands today.

BTW there is a great article online (I searched but couldn't find it
again) which details the skype valuation is/was an aberration never to
be repeated and was driven by economics of the auction market not the
voip market.

I'd also like to add my own postscript to that comment....
"now that Microsoft have released Live Expo, eBay are and should be
shitting bricks that they blew their load on a voip strategy instead of
staying ahead of the curve in auction community software development.

In 4 years I predict (and taking bets at 1-8 odds) that the turnover on
auction revenue will be higher on Live Expo than on eBay.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd