[asterisk-biz] How many PCI cards can one PC handle?

Melisa Teoh melisa.teoh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:18:42 MST 2006

Thank you for all your response so far.

Right now, the customer has 24 incoming analog lines.  We are exploring
the possibility of upgrading to a PRI but the telco network might not
support it.  So we have to consider a couple of options.  Here are the
details:

PRI:
1. With 1 PRI and 60 analog extensions
TDM2450E x 3
TE110P x 1

2. With 1 PRI, 48 analog and 12 IP phones
TDM2442 x 3
TE110P x 1

FXO:
1. 24 incoming lines and 60 analog extensions
TDM2442 x 1
TDM2441 x 2
TDM2432 x 1

2. 24 incoming lines, 48 analog and 12 IP phones
TDM2442 x 3

We might expect 28-30 simultaneous calls at any one time.

I would appreciate any general or specific experience/learnings with
regards to performance levels we can expect with each scenario
(including implications of loading all cards on 1PC to keep hardware
cost as low as possible).

Thank you.

Melisa.