[asterisk-biz] How many PCI cards can one PC handle?

Terry Wilson otherwiseguy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:46:25 MST 2006

I am confused why you would not be filling the TDM24xx cards full.  It looks
like you want 12 FXS modules (96 ports) unless I am reading incorrectly,
which can done with 4 cards instead of the 5 that you have listed...

To answer your question (hypothetically based on readings of other threads),
you could run into some heat/power draw problems with that many FXS ports.
But to answer your question fully, I would think that we would need what the
average call load on the servers would be and what they would peak to (as a
worst case scenario of all of the phones ringing at once and drawing a lot
of power simlutaneously, etc.)  Kevin has said that they tested 4 TDM24xx
cards loaded half FXS half FXO and they performed well with no interrupt
problems (I guess that would make them TDM2433E's--I just started reading
about the cards today).

Anyone else have any ideas?