[asterisk-biz] "Expensive Country" DID Needed

David dst_u at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 03:57:01 MST 2006

  I am very serious. There is no room (in my opinion) for sarcasm in such a business environment, especially between people that do not know each other.

The point is that even if my message was confusing/unclear (although it's clearly stated in my message "to which", and from the other direct responses that I received, it seems that people understood, even if I forgot to put "... in Africa ...") or hard to understand, there are too many sarcastic/cynical/rude responses in this list.

  It is not my role to educate people, but I (and I believe that many people in the list agree with me) don't plan to work with people that do not respond to me politely, as I do to them, if I choose to answer their queries/posts.

  In the few months I'm on this list, I found some courteous and professional serious business partners with whom I'm working satisfactorily, but, as I said, there are many of the other kind, as well, and that's unfortunate.

  David

Linus Surguy <linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk> wrote: Oh do be serious!

My reply may have been sarcastic, but the points were still valid. The list
is full of people with a wide range of experience who are more than happy to
help. However, they can only do so if you can clear about your requirements,
something that was lacking from your request.

You asked for DID numbers from 'from a country to which calls are usually
expensive' - did you mean calls made to that country are expensive, and in
which case, which country will be making those calls, or did you mean 'from
a country where calls are expensive to make', and in that case, national
calls, or international calls?

You then go on to say 'such as Africa, South America (the expensive ones),
Middle East or others' - given this list, (which are clearly not countries!)
did you really mean to say 'anywhere except North America/Europe'?

Finally, the use the numbers will be put to does matter, a provider will
want to know if you have callback or similar in mind as frequently this
usage is restricted or subject to different charging. You also say 'little
or no volume' - one assumes that you don't need multiple concurrent calls,
but it helps if you say.

No one is after your marketing secrets, but you'll get a better response if
you consider the above.

Linus