[asterisk-biz] How much to charge

Ross C wotech at cox.net
Sun Feb 12 09:00:01 MST 2006

Our normal rate for business IT services is about $85/hour.  That's on the
low side around here (average is probably 90-110/hour).

> In fact you would be lucky to get $60!
We charge $57/hour for residential technology services.

You probably shouldn't charge anything less than $60/hour.  Remember, when
they need service in the future, they'll think they should be charged what
they were initially charged.  So if you undercut yourself now by charging
$45/hour, then later realize that you should be charging $80/hour, they're
gonna think you're screwing them when you nearly double the price to bring
it more inline with the market.
This happened when my partner joined my company; he was charging $50/hour to
his business clients, we were charging $85, so when he brought all of his
clients over, they were all upset that they had to pay a substantially
higher rate than before (even though $85/hour is VERY reasonable; they were
used to a much lower price).  Many of them looked at other IT services
companies and realized that $85/hour was still low, thus they ended up
staying with our company; but not before making a big stink about it.