[asterisk-biz] Looking for Asterisk Platform

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Feb 11 12:37:34 MST 2006

TOO funny!

Seriously though, its one ting for a guy to plug a couple POTS lines
into a server or a T1/E1 but even out of the guru pool, how many can
punch down a 25 pair cable on a 66 or 110 block and cross connect them
to the proper stations if analog is your solution (channel bank)?

Then, turn around and configure QOS, VLANs, install, modify code, write
apps for asterisk.  Program the phones and get the dialplan just right
for the customer on the data side?

The "service" is charging a high premium, the service is not for the
customer, the service is for us, the consultants, to use a telephone
term the "interconnects".  The skills and knowledge are specialized, so
charge accordingly.

If not, you will undercut your competition, get some business and then
shut your doors in a year or two to go work for a company that charges
higher prices.  Probably leaving the customer with a bad taste in him
mouth, even though he was the cheapskate.

You don't want to be the cheapest or most expensive, you just want to be
in the middle in terms of pricing.  You want to be on top as far as
service and support or set yourself apart in some other way, even if it
just marketing.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com