[asterisk-biz] Static IP

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Wed Feb 8 16:35:54 MST 2006

Kevin D Scott wrote:

>Use a dynamic IP service, example http://www.dyndns.org.  Assuming your IP
>is public, a client can run on your server, updating the DNS entries
>whenever your IP changes.  Instead of putting your IP address in your
>Asterisk configs, use your URL.  Free Service.
>
>Kevin

Thanks for the info Kevin but Dyndns.org has been around for a long time.
IIRC, there are currently several free dynamic dns services.
My account there is several years old and mainly used for testing these
days.
When I upgraded my current connection, I was given several static ips
and only use 2, heh.
Next tier up, RR offers 15 static ips which is ridiculous since my
single apache server can host several sites from one ip.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.