[asterisk-biz] g729 licensing

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Feb 5 13:27:19 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 21:16 +0100, janvb at caselaboratories.com wrote:
> hi
> > they have yet to require me to lock it to a machine.  They license based
> > on concurent channels, my legal team decided that this is ok.  I am
> > leaving this one to them.
> >
> You should be ok, just check it out against the countries you release it
> for.

Thanks, it appears they didnt always license it this way it appears from
what I am hearing that they used to require it to be locked to a
specific machine.  So atl east that part of it is good :)

I wonder if they changed this becuase call clusters are becoming more
popular rather than single boxes.  I know they changed some stuff for
other reasons, but this may have been something that was thought about
recently.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378