[asterisk-biz] g729 licensing

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sun Feb 5 03:42:08 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel a écrit :

>due to problems that we have seen in the current model of g729 licensing
>for asterisk and other VoIP products we are working to solve these with
>a slightly different method.  This isnt about unlicensed codec usage,
>quite the contrary, but it is going to be an alternative.  We are in the
>testing stages of our software to ensure that it works.  For more
>information including pricing (as low as $3/channel) please visit
>http://www.trxtel.com/index.php?page=G_729_Codec

Is the transcoding going to happen on your side or have you written an
implementation of g.729 which will just "borrow and release" some kind
of transcoding token?

NB: Personally, I find all these channel limitations (Digium or yours)
and the whole g.729 licensing scheme pretty ridiculous...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom