[asterisk-biz] Skype

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue Dec 26 13:59:27 MST 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Julio Arruda wrote:

> There are some (few) embedded systems now doing "skype" in non PC based gear.
> A friend of mine got a Skype Wifi phone from Netgear and seems to be happy
> with it.

  If the VoSky ran an embeded Skype on it, such as the Netgear does, that'd
  be great.  Right now, it doesn't -- you need a PC as a host for Skype to
  do it.  The Netgear, while nice as a single handset, does nothing for me
  on the road, or on a wired phone in my bedroom, etc.

  Does anyone know of any embeded skype hardware, such as the VoSky, that
  runs skype in hardware rather than in windows?

Beckman