[asterisk-biz] Linksys SPA-XXX

Brian Franklin bfranklin at ntginc.net
Wed Dec 13 05:50:22 MST 2006

We have stopped using them. Things our customers complained about:

1. You cannot disable showing missed calls. Very annoying when
    people are in groups or queues.
TRUE
---
2. The handset mikes are low quality, if you turn away your head
    a bit, the volume drops too much.
NEVER EXPERIENCED/NOTICED THIS
---
3. When booting up after reprovisioning, the phone shows the
    previous config before applying the new one. This confuses
    customers, because they start dialing before the phone is ready.
    (We reprovision phones whenever a new person logs into it).
REPROVISION DOES 'HESITIATE' BUT I'ME UNABLE TO DIAL BEFORE SET IS READY,
THEN AGAIN, I DO NOT LOG INTO THE VOIP SYSTEM.
---
4. When you have a missed call, the redial button is gone, the
    lcr button appears instead. You have to press the low
    left button twice to wipe the missed calls. Especially bad
    if your phone is in a group or queue and your colleagues
    pick up the phone most of the time.
TRUE, THIS IS IRRITATING
---
5. No national language support at all. The world is bigger than
    just the US guys.
TRUE
---
6. When you set factory default, the phone reboots, but you have
    to unplug the power before the phone totally reprovisions. Bad
    for remote support.
NEVER HAPPENED TO ME, MAYBE IT'S THE FIRMWARE VERISON

Thanks for the feedback

Brian