[asterisk-biz] Linksys SPA-XXX

Alberto Sagredo asagredo at peoplecall.com
Wed Dec 13 02:52:44 MST 2006

I answer you between lines:

Regards

Alberto

> We have stopped using them. Things our customers complained about:
>
> 1. You cannot disable showing missed calls. Very annoying when
>    people are in groups or queues.

On latest firmwares you could disable this.

> 2. The handset mikes are low quality, if you turn away your head
>    a bit, the volume drops too much.
Audio is a little lower . You are right.
> 3. When booting up after reprovisioning, the phone shows the
>    previous config before applying the new one. This confuses
>    customers, because they start dialing before the phone is ready.
>    (We reprovision phones whenever a new person logs into it).

Using SIP NOtify message will improve it.

> 4. When you have a missed call, the redial button is gone, the
>    lcr button appears instead. You have to press the low
>    left button twice to wipe the missed calls. Especially bad
>    if your phone is in a group or queue and your colleagues
>    pick up the phone most of the time.

> 5. No national language support at all. The world is bigger than
>    just the US guys.
Latest SPA 922/942 and 962 phones supports GUI regionalization
> 6. When you set factory default, the phone reboots, but you have
>    to unplug the power before the phone totally reprovisions. Bad
>    for remote support.
You could configure provisioning interval to improve this. Or send them
a SIP NOTIFY Message with RESYNC to get new configuration.