[asterisk-biz] NuFone comes through

Jamie Garrison garrison.jamie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 11:23:34 MST 2006

I just wanted to let the asterisk community know that NuFone has delivered
service to us where others (Broadvoice, PlainVoIP and TxLink to name a very
few) have failed.

We have been working on  a complex PBX integration project at health care
facility in Texas for way too long now.  After failed attempts with other
Asterisk friendly providers, I was able to encourage my boss (and his
bosses) to give NuFone a try, despite the issues they have had.

A last month we ported over a few non-critical numbers just to see how
things went.   The porting process took about 8 days and we had absolutely
no down time due to Greg Merriweather's attention to detail with our
configuration.

Then when Greg got stumped with a Zaptel configuration issue, the notorious
JerJer was brought in.  After he grumbled about our configuration (we did
make samples), Jeremy cleaned things up immensely and made the system purr.
I have learned quite a lot from him, even with his direct, off-the-cuff
method of operation -- which I have started to enjoy, since he has got the
job done where others have failed.

We have since ported all of our numbers over to NuFone and are fully
confident they are able to provide us the service we need. I know NuFone has
had their problems in the past, but from my point of view things have
changed.  If you have written off NuFone before, you really should consider
giving them a second look now.

####
 JG