[asterisk-biz] Slightly off-topic: Opinions of Comcast and Bellsouth?

GlobalOfficePhone globalofficephone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 06:24:31 MST 2006

Please see below:

On 8/23/06, Alistair Cunningham <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an opinion of:
>
> 1. Comcast Cable

I have used Comcast for more than 12 years, before they were Comcast. It was
MediaOne, then AT&T Broadband, and now Comcast.

Based on the experience of my circle, Comcast Customer Service experience
varies from region to region. In my area, most of the people I deal with are
the original MediaOne or AT&T Broadband. For, a cable company, they are
extremely friendly and responsive - on the phone, in person, and at their
local location.

2. Bellsouth DSL

No experience; however, my customers who use Verizon DSL in our area have
had many frustrating days and nights.

for residential internet and VoIP service? I'm particularly interested
> in reports on:
>
> 1. VoIP voice quality.

Very good. It is my primary residential line.

2. Any NAT or firewall problems with SIP.

None that I am aware of. I use the cable modem with a wireless router. My
ATAs and IP Phones  use STUN

3. How long they take to install the service from date of order.

 Don't know now. I installed it 12 years ago. Although, they come out to my
place for a service call within a day or two.

4. How friendly they are to 3rd party routers and firewalls.

Over the years, I have used various  residential routers with NAT and have
had no problems.