[asterisk-biz] Altigen For Sale

William Piper william.piper at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 09:15:06 MST 2006

There are a few limitations on Altigen to make it work the way we need it
to.

Our Altigen system was purchased before I started working here. We have IVR
menus that need DB query's and such. It is possible to do that with Altigen,
but since it is closed source software, you have to pay an Altigen Developer
to write the program, then you have to purchase SDK licenses (which 10 are
offered with the system). For people that don't need such an advanced IVR
system, Altigen would work perfectly... and if you have money to burn, you
can have Altigen write it for you. For call centers, this system is perfect.
It has tons of reporting tools, but unfortunately "stuff" that we don't
necessarily need... and missing a few things we do need.

Altigen also only handles h.323 traffic. Although they are releasing
v6.0later this year that will be SIP. (upgrade fees also involved)

Thanks,

William Piper