[asterisk-biz] How do ITSP's do it?

Trixter AKA Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Aug 9 06:56:31 MST 2006

On Wed, August 9, 2006 6:43 am, Bruce Reeves wrote:
> I am curious how ITSP's go about getting phone numbers in certain areas,
> and
> how to get an area added to the list offered. As I mentioned before I work
> with clients in the 806 area code, unfortunately most ITSP's only offer
> 2-4
> towns in the area code, which actually spans several thousand square
> miles.
> What I would like to know is how to get numbers in my area offered. In
> particular numbers local to the 806-665 and 806-273 exchanges.

806-665 is owned entirely by southwestern bell
NTS communications, Grande communications networks, and clearwire
communications also serve that city just with a different set of numbers
(it should be a local call for most peoples plans though).

806-273 is also owned by southwestern bell entirely.
clearwire also has stuff in that same area, again with different numbers
(806-621 specifically).

So if you want 1 carrier that serves both areas you are really stuck with
wireless providers (probably not cost effective or what you want) or
southwestern bell or clearwire.

If however you went through a few carriers (probably not as cost
effective) you would be able to go through more companies in one area but
are still limited in the other.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!