[asterisk-biz] Newbie help

Dominic Son dominicson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:44:53 MST 2006

My first post. I'm following the newbie tutorial on setting up TrixBox, and
I've now arrived at the following instructions:

Now you'll need to log into your router and redirect certain incoming UDP
packets to the internal IP address of your Asterisk machine. If you want
external access to the Apache web server on your Asterisk machine, then map
TCP port 80 to the internal IP address of your Asterisk system. For WebMin
external access, map TCP port 10000 to your Asterisk system. If you want
remote access to your Asterisk system via SSH, then map TCP port 22 to the
internal IP address of your Asterisk system. If you want external IP phones
or other Asterisk servers to be able to communicate with your Asterisk
system, then map the following UDP port ranges to the internal IP address of
your Asterisk system:

SIP 5004-5082
RTP 10001-20000
IAX 4569

<<

I am using a cheap D-Link 5-24 router. Is anyone familiar with what options
in the D-link admin menu are for 'internal' and 'external' IPs?

--
Anything else, let me know.

-Dominic