[asterisk-biz] Hosted PBX

Michael C. Hughes mhughes at antelecom.net
Wed Aug 2 12:30:48 MST 2006

Hi Alistair,

I agree with you completely. If you have limited knowledge of the business and limited skills it can take quite a long time to launch a new venture.

Additionally, I would never suggest to anyone that they blindly jump into a venture without adaquate training or preparation.  If they do they will most likely fail. That is where companies like your comes in.

However, if you are a fully functioning ISP (not a VISP or a reseller) with more than a decade of experience in providing commercial hosted services then its not that difficult to add VOIP to your portfolio. And yes, I realize that there is more to this business than routing calls. If you think about it, ISP's are already providing tech support for Vonage users. A lot of us are also providing support for customers who have their own IP PBX systems (packaged Asterisk or hosted Asterisk). So if you know it, then you might as well provide it.

Mike.