[asterisk-biz] backup power requirements for emergency calling

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Sat Apr 15 06:33:04 MST 2006

Herman Webley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can one of you experts please tell me how many many minutes of backup
> power (if any) is mandated for 911 calling?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Best regards,
> Herman

Mandated by whom?  For what application (are you a regulated CLEC, an
unregulated ITSP, a building owner, etc.)?  In what State/County/Parish/City
are you located or provide services?

I know of no regulations in California that require backup power for
non-regulated entities.  However, I am not an attorney, and would suggest
you consult with one if this is of concern to you.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds