[asterisk-biz] Anyone see this as a potential issue coming down the road

Fred Cole fred at bluespheretech.biz
Fri Apr 7 15:00:15 MST 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/04/05/china.internet.calls.ap/index.html

I have seen a few instances of this cropping up from different countries.

I'd like to hear some thoughts and comments from the group to see what they
think about this as it's implications have a direct impact on our industry.
Undoubtedly, as VOIP grows and the major telcos struggle to compete with the
impending growth in competition from VOIP, they will begin to demonize the
technology and legally keep smaller players out of the larger market until
they can control it.

This has been the practice of major players in varying industries particulary
telcos and pharmecuticals for years through the use of powerful lobbying which
will result in some sort of legislation.

I think this is something to keep an eye on.

-fred-