[Asterisk-biz] European resellers of grandstreem ip phones

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Fri Sep 30 05:17:25 MST 2005

Hi all,

Grandstream phones come from China.  They will directly send [or rather
FOB] (at trade pricing) to you if you buy 65 or more phones in one go.

We  have been using Budgetones (pre the non-see-through button versions
- the ones that had blue LCDs and then the white LCDs) in a low cost
call shop in Dublin city.  They have lasted really well (there has been
breakages but to be honest I'm very surprised how well the phones are
taking the abuse they see in daily use).

Here beside me I have a few AT320s - I've purchased these to test out
IAX2 over NAT (I've all but given up on a SIP/NAT/Asterisk solution as I
cannot get STUN to work).

To me the "look" or keyboard feel of the AT320s doesn't seem any nicer
than the Budgetones.  I haven't yet purchased any of the newer
Grandstream office phones but I'd like to see them.

I've heard that the SNOMs actually look nice but they are more expensive.

Derek

PS In our office we are using 7940s (which I found second hand on ebay)
and I must say that the Cisco phones do look & feel much nicer than the
low end phones but thats not a surprise to anyone.

Schneider, Silvio wrote:

> Grandsteam have softkeys and U.S. Ringtones. The phones are cheap and
> they look very very cheap.
> They have no style at all.
>
> Europe phones have hardkeys and european ringtones. Take a look at
> Snom, Polycom and ATCOM phones !
>
> I bet Andreas is referering to  ATCOM
>
> Cheers

Derek Conniffe
Rivertower Ltd
DID Number: 01 440 1806 (International: 00 353 1 440 1806)
Ireland: (Freephone) 1800 719 400
Ireland: (Local) 01 440 1800
United Kingdom: 0870 068 2368
International: 00 353 1 440 1800
Derek Conniffe Mobile: 086 856 3823 (International: 00 353 86 856 3823)
Fax: 01 201 0085 (International: 00 353 1 201 0085)
Email: Derek at rivertower.ie
Web: http://www.rivertowerhosting.com