[Asterisk-biz] Looking for a configuration software

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Wed Sep 28 10:58:56 MST 2005

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
> May be the AMP forum is the right place to post this but, briefly here
> are my issues:

Please do post to the amportal-users mailing list and/or Help forum.

> 1)Once AMP is in place, we cannot make changes to the config files using
> any editor as they are overwritten. This is a major issue as some times
> it is esssential to by pass what AMP configures. What is the remedy for
> this? Do you have plans to sync-up config files to the DB also?

AMP has customization points.

> 2)AMP does not support Polycom phones now. Even if you add the
> additional Polycom related paremeters in the GUI, it does not store
> them. For ex:
>
>      progressinband=no ; Polycom Phones do not support Progressive
> inband.
> 			     ; We should not use 'progressinband=never'

Many consumers of AMP use Polycom phones - to say that AMP does not
support Polycom phones is patently false. Just about anything that is
not exposed through the interface can be added through a customization
point.

Regards,

Jason