[Asterisk-biz] Investment opportunity

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Sep 19 08:31:41 MST 2005

Ifte,

In answer to your specific queries:

1. Yes, both H.323 and SIP are supported, and calls between them can be
bridged.

2. Asterisk is itself a softswitch. There are various free and
commercial prepaid applications - we work mostly with ASTCC. AreskiCC is
also popular. <plug level="blatant"> We have a commercial enterprise
level prepaid management system for exactly this type of scenario with
multiple levels of resellers, centrex, high availability, conferencing,
PayPal integration, self signup, etc etc etc, called "ITSP in a box" in
beta testing. Expect an announcement on this list in the next few weeks.
I can send you an email off list on it if you like. </plug>

3. If you're in a country with software patents, you have to pay $10 per
channel for G.729, and there's no G.723 (to the best of my knowledge).
In countries without software patents, both are free. Asterisk can
translate between any codecs it supports. It includes all the usual free
codecs such as G.711, G.726, GSM, ILBC, etc.

We've done quite a few calling card and postpaid implementations, from
single systems and basic prepaid functionality, to 10 system clusters
with high availability and extensive development. If you let me know
more details such as expected call volumes, features, PSTN connectivity,
  etc, we'd be delighted to discuss this with you in detail.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/