[Asterisk-biz] Is there a pricing comparison somewhere?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Sep 15 12:06:00 MST 2005

Mitel ICP3300: $1200 Cdn per seat for the midrange handset model, including
voicemail and system access licences, not including base PBX ($30K to $80K
Cdn depending on config) and not including the "remote teleworker" solution
which allows a Mitel phone to be used offsite thru broadband, about $10K for
server + $250 Cdn per seat.

TTS I was quoted along the lines of $20K Cdn, the voice recognition is about
$30K Cdn (actually got a demo of this and it worked *really* well - this is
something * cannot do)

This was as of 2004, for 2005 we haven't bought any new Mitel's, we are
instead buying Snom's for $330 per unit, my * server was under $5k including
Digium PRI card and TDM04 cards. The snoms work thru broadband already (duh
it's sip) and we don't need no steeenking "teleworker solution" I just open
up ports in my firewall and forward it to the * server. Equivalent of
"teleworker solution" server is our Monowall firewall for $0 (BSD)

Because we are consolidating remote POTS lines to our single PRI with
Asterisk and going over broadband, our ROI on the POTS consolidation alone
is $46,000 Cdn a year (60 POTS lines X $65 a month X 12 months) as well as
saving at least 50K sheets of paper every year through the use of SpanDSP
that we don't have to pay a click rate on. Essentially, the entire cost of
our Asterisk rollout is paid for, every year. You can quote me on that.