[Asterisk-biz] VOIP Supply

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Sun Sep 11 17:39:14 MST 2005

David,

Yes - I have had every order wrong or late from VOIP supply including
billing errors (3 on the same phone).  I was forced to contact Cory about my
sales rep and then had to stop using them, when I was counting on a long and
profitable relationship.

Initially, I was given dealer prices and promises by the sales rep. After
the mistakes and contacting Cory the prices quoted became the listed price
on their web.

Cory did a good job trying to correct the situation, and I can only blame
the sales rep.  He shipped from the wrong warehouse, never followed up,
attempted to overnight but used the wrong delivery date, sold me the wrong
card (I kept it) a 2 port Sangoma card instead of a single port.  Talked me
into a used Cisco phone instead of a new one and I had to repair the hook
spring to stop hang-ups.

Initially (although this may not be his fault) he quoted me for 30+ polycom
phones then refused to supply saying polycom won't let him sell them.  So
now I'm on 35 Cisco phones that seen to lock up with SIP 7.5 periodically.

But the way you might want to consider contacting Mike Crown at the voip
connection.  He was very nice.

I don't blame voip supply for this but, it is as always, the sales rep
assigned.  I guess the small guy starting out was too much work for an ROI
on his huge sales.

All of this is documented, as I don't want to slander anyone.  Cory really
tried and corrected the situation, but the sales rep was no longer giving me
dealer prices but web listed prices (and I had him quote me several time via
email).

By the way I noticed they are selling Polycom phones on eBay so I wonder
what happened to the 'not to asterisk' dealers statements.

Paul

PS: The Sangoma cards are a real nice piece of work.  Took a lot of work on
their part to bring me up to speed (great tech support), but after three in
a row I'm quite happy with this card and have it down to a science now.

>Hello List,
>I haved used VOIP supply several times for myself and twice for
>clients.When I ordered for myself I ordered ground and it took a few days
>to come. I did two systems in Florida. The first time I ordered everything
>over night and nothing came the next day. I called them that day and they
>said they were sorry. They sent it out and it came two days later. Two
>weeks later (last week) I ordered from them again. I ordered on Friday
>Morning. I ordered everything for Saturday delivery. They said it would be
>there no problem. I ordered 1 - TDM400P, 4 Polycom 501's and 2 Sipura
SPA->841's. Nothing came on Saturday. Since it was a holiday Monday they
were >closed. Tuesday morning all I got was the TDM400P. I called them and
they >said they were sorry and that "they forgot" to ship it out. They said
they >were sorry and that it would be there the next morning. The next
morning >all I got were the two SPA-841's. I called them again. They said
they were >sorry again and I would receive the rest