[Asterisk-biz] Voxee.com offers free VoIP calling to those affected by Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans

Caleb calebee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:29:43 MST 2005

Dear Community Members,

We have been greatly heartened by the ongoing rescue efforts in the
light of Hurricane Katrina and would like to do a small part to help
those in a way we can.

With immediate effect, Voxee will be offering free $1 calling credits
to the continental USA to anybody who has been displaced with family
members due to Katrina on a limited basis. If your traditional phone
lines are down but you have other forms of internet connectivity,
satellite, cable, wireless, etc. then you can make use of these
credits to keep in touch with friends/relatives during these difficult
times.

In order to request for the credits, just signup for a free account on
our website and email into our support at voxee.com helpdesk system
stating the purpose which you will be using the credits for. Remember
to put [Katrina Help] as the subject of your email so that we know
what the request is about. A member of our tech support team would
then manually make the credits upon approval, hopefully within 1-2
days or as soon as possible.

Call to Community: We hope that this small effort would be able to
help those who truly need it and ask that only those who truly need it
to step forward and request. After all, we only have limited resources
and would really want to see that every bit of the budgetted funds are
being put to good use. If we find out that customers are using this
scheme for business or other non-related purposes, we reserve the
right to remove the free credits.

We recognise that the $1 free credit is not much, but it should be
able to give callers approximately an hour's worth of calls. If you
have a special request to extend more calling credits, do let us know
as well.

Feel free to email caleb.kow at voxee.com if you have any queries. Thank
you for your time.

Regards,
Caleb K.
http://www.voxee.com
A service of Value Communications Pte Ltd