[Asterisk-biz] Strategic Alliance

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Sep 9 19:08:43 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Gary Lawrence wrote:
>

>>I am interested in aligning with a company who can provide all the
>>technical work and hardware for complex Asterisk installations. I've
>>been working in the call center industry for about 10 years and am now
>>converting my systems over to VOIP and Asterisk. I have a DS3 at a
>>carrier colo for call termination with plenty of room for expansion. I
>>need help keeping up with the tech and support side. If you are
>>interested, you should meet most of the following points.
>>

>Clarify, since this hypothetical company will be doing all the work, what
>will you be doing?

What he should be doing is paying for all the work the hypothetical
company will be doing.

The ones I run into usually want me to do all the work and give them a
line of unsecured credit on top of that. When I hear words like
"alliance" or "partnership" these days, I get suspicious. What I(the
technogeek) need from a partner is marketing, administration and
capital. I am interested in "aligning" with someone who can help in
those areas.

>If someone has capability to build, configure and ship obviously custom
>systems in days, why would they deal with you?

Again, they would deal with him to get income. Anybody with intelligence
would want money up front or outstanding credit report before proceeding.