[Asterisk-biz] carrier blocking

Linsys koolman at intrusionsec.com
Tue Oct 25 18:31:57 MST 2005

Just to make this point. These are ISPs blocking VoIP traffic which they
can (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/internet.html).

However you can just opt to NOT use their DSL services... some of the
larger DSL providers won't do this for tons of reasons, mainly because the
larger Telcos like Qwest, MCI, are providing VoIP wholesale services to
ISPs, and CLECS.

Lets say I start a company like vonage, right where I want to provide VoIP
services to Colorado consumers, and I decide to purchase wholesale VoIP
services from Qwest since I think I can send them 1000s of minutes worth
of traffic per month...

Then you have a home Qwest DSL user who is using my VoIP services, they
are #1 paying Qwest for DSL, then this VoIP traffic travels over the
internet to my PBX, then I send this VoIP traffic back to Qwest for
termination (ops they are getting paid again), I don't see Qwest just
shotting them self in the foot like that...

I think it will be a bad business decision for ISPs to start blocking VoIP
traffic...since it's easy to switch ISPs...

Finally, we sould all come up with a VPN (IPsec) Tunnel solution for VOIP,
this would NOT be vulnerable to this type of jitter injection technique,
however would require much more bandwidth.

-=Linsys=-

IntrusionSec.com
#1 Hacker Gamez Web Site On the Internet
http://www.intrusionsec.com
linsys at intrusionsec.com

When Your Life Flashes Before Your Eyes
When You Die, Does That Include The Part
Where Your Life Flashes Before Your Eyes?