[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk 10 Commandments? (was Asterisk Ffork)

Linsys koolman at intrusionsec.com
Tue Oct 25 17:14:40 MST 2005

My 2 cents (like any one cares, right? LOL).

I fully advocate opensource software forks when needed.

Like I use VtigerCRM which was forked from SugarCRM (which is just a POS),
and VtigerCRM is 10x better then SugarCRM now... this is my opinion.

Also mambo which is a wicked CMS had some management issues who pissed the
programmers off etc... and this will be forked soon as well.

Also look at Linux, there are sooooooo soooo sooooo many useless Linux
distros out there it's just sick... like do we need 100s of freeking linux
distros? But what ever...

OpenPBX will pretty much have to do the same thing, fork asterisk into a
"better" (I hate that word because it's soo relative and up for debate)
product, or a specialized fork for a specialized purpose that the current
asterisk build fails to address..

I wouldn't switch my prodcuction environment over to openPBX just yet...
it will be fun to watch and see what different things these guys want to
do with asterisk..

doesn't look like they even have a game plan yet, but either did Vtiger,
they just allowed the community to direct them and pretty much blew
SugarCRM out of the watter..

-=Linsys=-

IntrusionSec.com
#1 Hacker Gamez Web Site On the Internet
http://www.intrusionsec.com
linsys at intrusionsec.com

When Your Life Flashes Before Your Eyes
When You Die, Does That Include The Part
Where Your Life Flashes Before Your Eyes?