[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk 10 Commandments? (was Asterisk Ffork)

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Tue Oct 25 16:42:11 MST 2005

Moreover, OpenPBX still works with Digium hardware, so you are free
to support Digium by buying their hardware and using OpenPBX.

I sincerely hope that this turns into one of those forks that ends up
making both projects better, and even that they end up merging again
at some point.

Tom

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:25 AM, Alexander Wiercinski wrote:

> I think calling people who are working for free to create a better
> switch
> and previousely made asterisk a better switch (that you are using)
> bastards
> goes against the ORIGINAL commandments and any commercial sense as
> well.
>
> I am sure that if the new switch works better and your clients will
> want
> openPBX rather then asterisk your loyalties to digium will quickly
> fade.
>
> In the end it is the quality of software and our customers who
> decide where
> our loyalties are.  The rest, including some spirit, is just bulshit.
>
> alex
>
> trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote*:

>>> 1. Thou shalt not have other telephony company relation than Digium
>>> 2. Thou shalt not use Sangoma