[Asterisk-biz] Replacing Mitel SX-200 Digital Hybrid with Asterisk

smbPBX smbpbx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:49:13 MST 2005

Chris:
Interesting. And interested.

Is your current solution based on some specific open-source base billing
package?
If not, would you choose one as the baseline package to develop the
interface?
Are there too many hotel billing systems that we would need to address or
there are one or two that dominate the market like Mitel for PBX?

What specifics you have in mind? I am not a programmer.

Please let me know.

Regards,
smbPBX

On 10/20/05, Chris Mason (Lists) <lists at masonc.com> wrote:

> >Do any of you have experience with such hotel situations (which I suspect
> are typical) in replacing the Superconsole with an alternative switchboard?
> Any recommendations?
>  I replaced an SX-200 with Asterisk in a small hotel setting, billing was
> the only problem and we have a billing solution that is fine for us but does
> not give the level of integration most hotels will require. If you want
> property management interfacing, the olution is to write it or hire someone
> to do it, it's fairly simple. It's all based on CDRs sent over a serial link
> in real time.
> I would be willing to join that effort as we are going to outgrow our
> current solution in a year or so.
>
> Chris Mason
> www.anguillaguide.com <http://www.anguillaguide.com>
> Tel: (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759