[Asterisk-biz] Sipmedia, myphonecompany, Xchange Telecom

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sat Oct 22 21:53:55 MST 2005

Well, MPC, Sipmedia and Xchange Telecom are back online. Apparently they
had a major failure at 8 PM EDT on Friday, October 21. Here is a post
that was made after they were getting service restored:

myPhoneCompany Bulletin

On Oct 21st at approximately 8:00 PM EST, myPhoneCompany experienced a
power failure in one of our inverters that feeds our data backbone with
ac power. When our backup battery power took over, one of the power
supplies in a Cisco backbone router was damaged and this cascaded into
other electrical systems. It took us almost twenty-four hours to replace
damaged hardware and to get our network back up without damaging other
core equipment.

We are still investigating the cause of the power surge that took out
some of our AC power, and are taking preventive measures to ensure the
continuity of our network.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Bob Charish
COO
Sipmedia

I guess murphy's law kicked in on their backbone.