[Asterisk-biz] Sipmedia, myphonecompany, Xchange Telecom

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sat Oct 22 10:50:36 MST 2005

Just as an FYI for everyone out there:

I have been doing a lot of research today on these three
companies as my service with MPC is down and also are the
websites for all three companies.

Seems that all three of these companies are owned by one
Charish, Avrohom (Bob).

Xchange Telecom was incorporated in Delaware and their
main office is/was located in Brooklyn, NY. They are a
provider of clec service in NJ and LD in many other
countries. All numbers to their office are dead with no
ring at this time. Cell numbers found on the net for
employees advertising services from this company go to
viocemail.

Sipmedia and MPC are registered outof NJ to a residential
address in Lakewood. Calls to both numbers listed for for
Mr. Charish ring but no voicemail. Calls to any og the
found numbers for Sipmedia or MPC are dead.

Incoming Level3 numbers to their customers ring as all
circuits are busy at this time on a very scratchy voice
message.

So it looks like Mr. Charish has closed shop for good. So
any of you that have numbers through them may want to look
for a new provider. At this point I will be to get my home
phone service back online. Luckily I just changed to them,
did not port a number, and can easily inform those few
that I need to. Sad thing is I just listed that number on
a lot of applications that I need to now try and update.
Fortunately I did list my cell number also on those same
applications.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty of getting a Level3
number ported from one provider to another when the first
provider goes belly up??

Hope I am not too OT here....

Thanks,
Robert Webb